Our sense of responsibility to the Taft-Hartley community transcends investment performance. McMorgan contributes our time and financial resources to organized labor, and we employ union contractors and labor. We also invest our clients’ assets in projects that are not only sound from an investment perspective but that create union jobs.
McMorgan takes pride in the fact that we:
- Have invested more than $3.5 billion in union-built real estate—investments that have generated over 90 million man hours of union jobs
- Have scored 100% on the AFL-CIO Key Votes Survey from 2004 to 2014
- Spend more than $500,000 annually supporting initiatives that are important to our firm and our clients
Additionally, in our local community we support the San Francisco Firefighters Toy Program, which distributes toys to disadvantaged children. McMorgan has been its single largest contributor every year for more than a decade. We are also proud to support the San Francisco-Marin Food Bank, an organization dedicated to providing meals to individuals and families in need.
McMorgan also participates in and supports these Taft-Hartley educational opportunities:
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP)
- National Coordinating Committee for Multiemployer Plans (NCCMP)
- National Labor Management Conference
- National and Local Building Trades and AFL-CIO conferences
- American Rights at Work
- George Washington University Labor Studies Archive